RADIUM FUEL PUMP HANGER SUIT WALBRO GSS342/AEM 50-1200, NO PUMPS - MITSUBISHI EVO X
20-0640-00Regular price $859.00
The new Radium Engineering fuel pump hanger for the Mitsubishi Evo X has been redesigned for improved fuel collection and easier installation. It completely replaces the factory in-tank fuel pump module and allows 1 or 2 aftermarket fuel pumps to be used. The OEM level sender, fuel temperature, and fuel tank pressure sensors are retained in order to maintain factory functionality.
or direct connection to the OEM fuel lines, adapter fittings are included with all configurations. The fuel hanger can also be used with the included 8AN and 6AN adapter fittings, shown below, for installing aftermarket -AN style hoses. Radium Engineering recommends upgrading the feed and return lines when using multiple pumps.
PREVENTING FUEL STARVATION
The kit includes a 1-piece anodized aluminum collector box that makes installation a breeze and keeps fuel trapped around the fuel pumps. As shown below, there is a 1-way fill valve incorporated in the bottom of the collector that allows fuel in, but not out. The collector box also stay full from the fuel returning from the pressure regulator.
One major issue with the stock EVO X fuel pump module is the restrictive venturi jet pump in the return line. It performs the important function of transferring fuel from the other side of the fuel tank to the pump module. When using aftermarket high-flow pumps, the restriction in the fuel return creates unwanted backpressure resulting in unmanageable fuel pressure. Many installers will simply drill out the OEM venturi jet pump to reduce the restriction, but this compromises how effectively the venturi functions.
Radium Engineering has redesigned the siphon system to eliminate restriction but still effectively scavenge fuel. This means higher flowing pumps can safely be used without issue from the return system.
Note: For direct connection to the OEM fuel lines, adapter fittings are included with all configurations. The fuel hanger can also be used with the included 8AN and 6AN adapter fittings, shown below, for installing aftermarket -AN style hoses. Radium Engineering recommends upgrading the feed and return lines when using multiple pumps.
NOTE: If it is important for fuel pressure to hold steady after the engine is shut down, install one of these CHECK VALVES somewhere in the fuel system.
NOTES ABOUT FILTRATION
- The kit will include 65 micron sock filters to be installed on the fuel pump inlets.
- This kit eliminates the OEM "post" fuel pump filter. A low-micron aftermarket fuel filter should be installed downstream to protect the injectors from debris.
- The optional fuel feed kits listed below include a post-pump filter.
NOTES ABOUT PUMP CONFIGURATION
- There will be enough components included with this option to use 1 or 2 fuel pumps. Depending on the setup, some parts will simply not be used.
- A pliable fuel pump filter sock must be used for proper fitment.
- 8AN ORB Female Pump-Out Port
- 6AN ORB Female Return Port
- Collector Box with 1-Way Fill Valve
- Venturi Jet Pump Siphon
- Single Merged Fuel Pump Outlet
- High current electrical connections
- Black anodized fittings
- Fuel Level and Temp Sensor Mount
- Compatible with Twin Pumps
- Fluorosilicone Duckbill Return Valve
- Stainless Steel Hardware and Clamps
- Compatible with alternative fuels such as E85