Mishimoto Performance Intercooler Kit (Mk5/Mk6 GTI/R)
MMINT-MK6-06Regular price $1,299.00
Give your MK5 and MK6 GTI/Golf R the cooling it deserves with the Mishimoto Performance Intercooler. Volkswagen might have invented the concept of the hot-hatch, but the spicy Golf can still use a helping hand when it comes to keeping its cool.
The stock intercooler system equipped in the GTI is adequate for the daily commute. However, with the popularity of boosting, a component like the tube-and-fin heat exchanger struggles to keep up. Coupled with the combination of plastic in the construction, it’s only a matter of time before you start to see boost leaks.
We here at Mishimoto started from the ground up with the MK5 and MK6 GTI/Golf R Performance Intercooler. We ditched the plastic in favor of fully cast aluminum end tanks that can handle any amount of boost you can throw at them. We also incorporated an internal air diverter into our end tanks to make use of the full core.
The Mishimoto MK5 and MK6 Volkswagen GTI/Golf R Performance Intercooler core replaces the lightweight tube-and-fin construction with a more robust bar-and-plate setup. This heavy-duty construction lends itself to improved durability and heat dissipation. Our core has a 46% increase in core volume with a 97% increase in external fin surface area. Combined with our improved end tanks, the complete package improves flow by 9% and drops 11.1°C from the charged air across the core.
The Mishimoto MK5 and MK6 GTI Intercooler Kit also includes 5-layer silicone couplers and a CNC-machined adapter to ensure a perfect fit with the stock pipes. This intercooler is also backed by the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty for a worry-free installation on your Volkswagen.
- Direct fit for the 2006–2014 Volkswagen GTI/Golf R and Audi A3/TT excluding CBFA vehicles
- 46% increase in core volume
- 97% increase in external fin surface area
- 9% increase in flow
- Drops intercooler outlet temperature by 11.1°C
- Includes durable silicone couplers and CNC-machined adapter for a seamless installation to the stock intercooler pipes
- Cast end tanks with internal diverters for optimal airflow through core
- All-aluminium, TIG-welded
- Bar-and-plate core construction
- Core Thickness 45 mm
- Coating Powder Coated
- Core Size 614 mm x 431.5 mm x 45 mm
- Construction Bar-and-Plate
- Installation Torque Specs: 27 in-lbs (3N*M) recommended for all t-bolt and constant tension t-bolt clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-35 in-lbs (2-4N*M). Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 35 in-lbs (4N*M).
- Note: This intercooler does not fit on vehicles equipped with the CBFA radiators. Please ensure that your vehicles does not have the CBFA temperature sensor before installing.
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty