Mishimoto Performance Intercooler (A3, S3/Golf TSi, GTi, R)
MMINT-MK7-15KPRegular price $1,799.00
The mantra behind the grandfather of all hot-hatchbacks has long since been that big things come in small packages. Now on its 7th generation, the 2015+ Golf TSI/GTI/R’s and its intercooling system are about to receive a much-needed overhaul with the Mishimoto Performance Intercooler Kit.
The stock system can be best described as the meat in an intercooler sandwich. It’s no wonder with it placed directly between the radiator and AC condenser that this tube-and-fin constructed intercooler has trouble keeping up. Where this lighter core coupled with plastic end tanks might be suited for mass production and tame street driving, it will struggle to keep your intake air temperatures down under more intense driving, especially after the boost is turned up.
The Mishimoto 2015+ Volkswagen MK7 Golf TSI/GTI/R Performance Intercooler, armed with an arsenal of cooling technology, takes the place of the stock intercooler. Our engineers were able to squeeze in a larger core, increasing the overall volume by 89% over stock and bumping up the external fin surface area by 162%. On top of the larger core, our all-aluminum, TIG-welded intercooler features a more robust bar-and-plate construction for better heat dissipation characteristics. In addition, the cast aluminium end tanks are integrated with airflow diverters to ensure use of the full core.
When combined, our innovations for the MK7 intercooling system yielded max power gains of 14 whp and 12 wtq on the stock tuning. In addition, our charged air cooler dropped intercooler outlet temperatures by 12.8°C over stock equipment. Our 2015+ Volkswagen MK7 Golf TSI/GTI/R Performance Intercooler also includes a pair of CNC-machined aluminium mounting brackets and the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty for a precise and worry-free installation. This kit is compatible with the EA888 Gen 3 engine and manual or 6-speed DSG transmissions. Hot-side intercooler piping may not fit properly on vehicles equipped with 7-speed DSG transmissions and may require modification to suit.
- Pipe Diameter: 63.5mm
- Core Thickness: 57mm
- Chassis Codes: MQB
- Weight: 27 lbs
- Coating Powder: Coated
- Outlet: 53.5mm
- Inlet: 53.5mm
- Core Size: 620 mm x 404 mm x 57 mm
- Construction: Bar-and-plate
- Installation Torque Specs: 27 in-lbs (3N*M) recommended for all t-bolt and constant tension t-bolt clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-35 in-lbs (2-4N*M). Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 35 in-lbs (4N*M).
- Direct fit for the 2015+ Volkswagen Golf TSI/GTI/R and Audi A3/S3
- Max power gains of 14.5 whp and 13 wtq on stock tuning
- 89% increase in core volume
- 162% increase in external fin surface area
- Drops intercooler outlet temperature by 12.8°C
- Cast end tanks with internal diverters for optimal airflow through core
- 10% increase in average diameter over stock piping
- 30% increase in flow over stock components
- Mandrel-bent aluminum piping with durable 5-layer silicone couplers
- Bar-and-plate intercooler core construction
- Includes CNC-machined adjustable mounting brackets for precise installation
- Piping available in polished and wrinkle black finishes
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty