Mishimoto BAFFLED OIL CATCH CAN, PCV SIDE, FITS FORD FOCUS RS 2016-2019
MMBCC-RS-16PBE2Regular price $341.99
The Mishimoto Focus RS Baffled Oil Catch Can is designed and engineered to reduce carbon buildup, a common issue with direct fuel injection engines. Mishimoto engineers found that with most vehicles, placing the catch can in the vacuum-assisted PCV system of the vehicle yields the most amount of oil accumulation during normal and aggressive driving. A catch can placed on the crankcase vent system on the left side of the engine will yield very little accumulation on stock or lightly modified vehicles.
Having only one catch can tied into the PCV system will, by far, work the best for the vast majority of Ford Focus RSs on the road. The Mishimoto Focus RS catch can kit uses the patent pending Mishimoto 2-Port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can with a 50-micron bronze filter and an internal baffle to better separate the oil from the crankcase vapors. The kit comes with two direct-fit hoses that connect the catch can with the crankcase and intake manifold. It also includes one direct-fit mounting bracket that is extremely easy to install and mounts the can in a serviceable location, right next to the engine’s oil drain plug! Two aluminium, 3/8” barb fittings connect the hoses to the can. Like all of our products, this baffled catch can kit comes with the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
Our catch cans are different from most air-oil-separator (AOS) systems on a few levels. First, our catch cans are not heated. This means that all of the blow-by is able to condense in the can, including low-octane oil vapors and contaminated fuel vapors. Most AOS systems also drain the blow-by back into the oil pan, while our catch cans trap the blow-by and keep it out of the engine permanently. If you’ve seen what we’ve seen in the bottom of our catch cans, you won’t want that draining back into your oil either.
- Direct fit for the 2016-2019 Ford Focus RS
- Single can mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50-micron bronze filter
- Helps reduce carbon buildup on intake valves
- Patent pending billet 6061 aluminium can sealed with Viton™ O-rings
- Robust, application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location
- Includes pre-molded hoses for simplified installation
- Defends intake system and essential engine components from oil blow-by
- CNC-machined aluminium barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch can has an 88 ml capacity for longer serving intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- Patent #US D884,760 S