AWE Touring Edition Exhaust with Front Pipe Honda Civic Type R FK8 2017+
AWE 3015-53006Regular price $3,490.00 Sale price $3,299.00 Save $191.00
Touring Edition Exhaust
At the intersection of sophistication and aggression lies the Touring Edition Exhaust. A full 3" T304L stainless steel downpipe-back configuration, the Touring Edition Exhaust is the perfect dose of steel for drivers looking for straight-pipe performance, a deep, sophisticated exhaust note, and zero drone at highway speeds. Featuring an integrated front pipe, bespoke midpipe resonator, and AWE's patented drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology, the Touring Edition delivers a full-bodied, rasp-free K20 soundtrack unachieved by any of its peers. Under boost and heavy throttle, the Touring Edition screams. At highway speeds, drone-free within the cabin - the best of both worlds. Perfectly engineered and packaged for the FK8 Civic Type R, all backed by AWE No CEL and Perfect Fitment Guarantees Sound Perfection
AWE 180 Technology
Perfect tone, straight through design, no drone. Compliments of AWE 180 Technology. As exhaust gases exit the K20 engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. All of this with a straight-through design -- in other words, all the power, none of the drone. More on AWE 180 Technology in the tab above.
AWE 180 Technology works a little something like this:180 As exhaust gases exit the engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. Depending on the sound requirements of each vehicle, AWE acoustic engineers adjust the size and location of the ports and the chambers. By controlling the size and location of these key elements, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves re-join the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies.
AWE 180 Technology is not on a "one size fits all" concept. Rather, AWE engineers design sound cancellation resonators based upon the specific acoustics generated by vehicle types, thereby ensuring perfect sound, every time. It's one of the reasons AWE exhausts have earned a reputation for the perfect tone, regardless of application.
The result is the removal of unwanted tones in all AWE 180 Technology-equipped exhaust systems. The sound produced by this formula is the perfect, signature note. Unlocked performance and spot-on tone, every time.
We made it easy to convert between Track and Touring Editions, as well as dual and triple tip configurations, if you decide at a later date to change your volume or the aesthetic.
- Touring Edition Exhaust with Front Pipe
- Diamond Black Tips/Silver Tips
- Triple Tips
- Integrated front pipe included in all editions
- Proudly designed, engineered, and manufactured at AWE in the USA
- Max gains of 5 hp and 9 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels
- Touring Editions feature patented drone-canceling 180 Technology, tuned specifically for the K20 (CTR) and L15 (Si)
- Unruly straight pipe Track Edition
- Deep, non-raspy tone
- Handcrafted from 3" CNC mandrel-bent, U.S.-sourced .065" wall T304L stainless steel
- Bespoke stamped stainless steel trident tip merge
- Less is more: clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
- Direct bolt-on for factory-like simplicity
- Triple or dual 4.5" double-walled slash-cut tips available in diamond black or chrome silver
- Perfect fitment guaranteed
- AWE No CEL guarantee
- Lifetime warranty (one year on tip finishes)
- Package includes: Complete Touring or Track Edition Exhaust, two or three 4.5" double walled tips in desired finish, and all necessary hardware for installation.